Home brewing coffee guide. How to make a perfect coffee using Ibrik the Turkish brewing method. Guidlelines to timing, equipment needed and dosage.
You will need
An Ibrik, 120ml of water, heat source, cup, grinder, 7 or 8 grams of coffee (one heaped tablespoon)
- Grind the coffee until it is very fine almost like flour
- Pour room temperature water into the Ibrik
- Then add the coffee
- Stir until there are no clumps
- Put the Ibrik on a low heat
- Don't stir it or bring it to the boil
- It should take approx 6-10 minutes
- Once it has formed a surface of bubbles remove form the heat and pour
- Remember that the coffee is still in there and so will be at the bottom of your cup!
- Enjoy and relax