Home brewing coffee guide. How to make a perfect coffee using a V60 pour over. Guidleines to timing, equipment needed and dosage.
You will need a v60, 21 grams of coffee beans (for one cup), 300ml of filter water plus water for rinsing filter paper, a kettle, v60 filter papers, grinder, scales or a measuring spoon.
- Boil your water
- Place your v60 over your cup and then place the filter paper in the v60
- Pour the boiling water over the filter paper making sure you get all of the paper wet. This will secure the filter paper and get rid of any paper taste it will also warm your cup!
- Take the v60 of the mug and discard the rinse water.
- Take your coffee beans and grind them to a medium fine grind.
- Place your coffee in the centre of the dripper and make a dent in the centre with your finger.
- Pour the water into the hole and make sure that all the coffee grounds are wet.
- Wait for this water to drain through.
- Then start pouring the remaining water in circles, make sure the water goes around the edges of the paper wetting all of the coffee.
- Allow the water to drain through, this should take no longer than 3 minutes (if it does the coffee is too fine) and no less than 2 minutes (if it does the coffee is too coarse).
- Remove the dripper from your cup and discard the filter paper.
- Sit down, relax and enjoy!